Photo of upturned tree trunk placed with 18th-century Persian rug. Seen at Feriarte Madrid
This week and next, I’m in Madrid, where a number of impressive exhibitions and fairs are taking place, including:
- The 32nd Annual Feriarte: One of Europe’s largest Fine & Decorative Art Fairs.
- Rembrandt, History Painter: An exhibition of painter’s narrative works the Prado Museum.
- Between Gods & Men: A rare look at two major ancient sculpture collections, from Dresden and Madrid, on show at the Prado Museum.
- Sorolla Museum in Madrid: My report on a visit to the home and private studio of the Valencian painter who befriended Zorn and Sargent.
- El Escorial: The country palace of Spain’s Hapsburg Royalty, which contains major works from their collection
All this coming over the next week in a series of posts.
[…] this and the image from the previous post of a tree trunk in front of a rug were on display in the stall of Rica Basagoiti from Madrid. Once […]
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.